Goodbye, Offline February!
1st Mar 2011 in Personal
Offline February is over, and I am back online! Observe this visual representation of being back on Facebook/Twitter:
I missed reading about people’s lives as lived online, but I kept myself busy. Things I did:
- Listened to a lot of 90s hip-hop.
- Wrote a short story for Algebra, the new lit-mag app from the Tramway.
- Read eight books (mostly trashy).
- Had new stories/poems published in Parcel, Gertrude, and Frostwriting.
- Found the notes my father made for a novel he never wrote.
- Went on a lot of bus trips across the city.
- Played SushiBoy on my phone for far too long.
- Had an article in the Boston Globe.
- Developed a crush on every girl in the ‘Do It Like a Dude’ video.
- FINISHED MY GODDAMN NOVEL.
That last one was really the point of the whole exercise, so that’s good. I won’t say that a month off social networks changed my life in any large or small way, but I liked having a bit of quiet inside my head.
Now tell me all the interesting, unusual, exciting, boring, pointless, bizarre things you did in February!